Monday, December 13, 2010

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas

Bing Cosby sure got it right when he sang "It's beggining to look a lot like Christmas" (except do the people who play the song on the radio know what the weather outside is like??)
Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone, and my favorite time of year has crept up fast
My mom has decorated the house with new decorations, and some old ones that she has had for years. We've got 3 beautiful poinsettias, paperwhites, our tree is up and decorated, presents are already wrapped (just waiting under the tree to be opened, but the question is can I wait??), and it sure feels cozy in here.
Here are a few of the decorations we have floating around the house, my camera simply doesn't do them justice!
Oh, and P.S. if you are looking for something to help you get in the Christmas spirit, boy have I got an idea for you!! Do a sub for santa or take part in an angel tree. My little brother came home from school one day, and decided that's what he wanted to do. We know a family that lacks things most people have. They have 4 kids, and so, they all had an early Christmas this year. My mom and step dad are awesome, baby brother is too! He chipped in his savings from mowing the lawn this summer, and I think he is just as happy as can be about it. What-a-stud!!

A bowl of super old, tiny ornaments!

(This is David the Gnome (please tell me I am not the only one who knows who this cute little guy is?!)


1 comment:

  1. I love the vintage ornaments! And I'll love it even more when we can finally do something this weekend!

    ReplyDelete