Friday, December 31, 2010

Dinner Conversation

It goes something like this…
*Mom to Jake: Why did you draw all over your hands today?
*Jake: I don’t know, I’m not going to say it was because I was bored, that is what everyone else would say
*Mom: Did you do it during class?
*Jake: ummm, I don’t know…
*Tara: You did it at lunch right? (wink, wink, trying to help the boy out)
*Jake: yeah!...I did it at lunch
*Mom: Did you do it to make someone laugh?
*Jake: No, but I did THIS to make someone laugh
**At this point he held up his pointer finger with a mustache drawn on it. You know the kind, one of those French-like curly ones**
*Mom: (trying hard not to laugh)
*Tara: Burst out laughing
*Jake: Joins in.
*Mom: Follows suit.
**Maybe this is one of those have to be there moments, but it was a highlight to my day**

1 comment: