Wednesday, August 11, 2010

California

How lucky am I? My boss goes on a yearly trip to California, aka I have an entire week off of work. Usually I stick around Salt Lake and feel really lazy for the week he is gone. Not this year. I ALSO went to California the same week he was there! Braden invited me to go with his family, and some of their family friends. Okay, okay, so I was lazy this week too, but I think it's okay to be lazy when you get to sit at the beach all day, every day, for 8 days!! What a vacation!

We didn't just sit at the beach. We....













Went to sea world!! This was my first time to Sea World and I think I was more excited than the kiddos that we were with. Turns out, the sign that says splash zone...means it! We were drenched by the end of the show. While we were there we also saw some of these...
















If you know me at all, you know how much I adore these creatures! It was fun to see these fellas just hanging out, waiting for people like me to take hundreds of photos of them.

One night Braden and I decided to go to a baseball game. Dodgers Vs Padres... Hello Dodger Stadium, highest tier in dodger stadium (I got my work out for the trip just walking up the stairs) dodger dogs, nachos, and sprite! I know gross right? Wrong. It all tasted so good! The drive home wasn't long, traffic in L.A. can be wild, but thanks to the GPS, a wrong exit onto the toll road, we made it back to Laguna beach in no time!






















This trip was so much fun! We ate lots (at a yummy place called wahoos at least 3 times), had a baby announcement, had a proposal, had a few dolphin sightings, as well as a shark sighting, right under us! It was a little guy, but don't worry...shark week would not have been complete without that happening right? boogie boarding, body surfing, naps and paddle ball on the beach! I was also able to meet Bradens oldest brother Ryan and his wife Camille and their 2 kids Bennett and Eliza, and soon to come baby #3. The drive home was a bit less exciting than the trip. I ended up catching a terrible cold, but thanks to everyone in the car for putting up with me!

Thanks for making it such a fun trip Brades!














No comments:

Post a Comment